Strategic Vision for FERMA
The Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) is the representative organisation of the risk management profession at European level.
A world where risk management is embedded in the business model and culture of organisations.
In a world where risk managed proactively and creatively becomes an opportunity, FERMA’s mission is to:
- Represent and defend the interests of its member associations and their members to European institutions.
- Create, collect and share knowledge, practices and innovative approaches amongst its member associations and their members.
- Improve the recognition of and raise the profile of the profession.
- Demonstrate the value that professional risk managers bring to organisations.
- Take the lead with stakeholders who have an interest in risk management.
- Represent European interests with risk management associations globally.
To this end, FERMA applies its core value:
As the single, recognised voice of European risk managers, FERMA’s strategic goals are:
TO BE A EUROPEAN FEDERATION SERVING ITS MEMBER ASSOCIATIONS
- Act as a strategic radar for the profession by:
– Systematically monitoring the markets, laws and regulations.
– Actively listening to its member associations and stakeholders and responding.
– Setting up studies and surveys to identify, analyse and share current good practices.
- Inform national associations and their members about major developments affecting the profession
– By communicating through appropriate means, including the FERMA website, social media, newsletter and emails.
– By organising seminars, conferences, roundtable discussions and forums.
- Be a rallying point for its members and raise the profile of the profession in Europe
– Lead initiatives which help to improve standards and recognition of the profession.
– Coordinate the needs of its members and together develop actions that are useful to the profession.
– Maintain two-way communication with national associations.
– Foster cooperation among members of FERMA.
- Represent the interests of European risk managers at EU and international level
– Create and maintain regular contacts with international and EU institutions and other stakeholders with a link with the profession.
– Leverage members’ expertise to develop coordinated actions and positions on strategic issues for the profession.
TO ENHANCE THE POTENTIAL OF INDIVIDUALS AND THE NETWORK
- Act both independently and in harmony with the needs of its members in line with agreed common objectives and shared processes.
- Promote cooperation and trust within the FERMA team and between its members
– Foster and organise meetings with national association representatives in a process of building collective intelligence and development.
– Develop relationships between members and between the FERMA team and its members.
- Develop personal and collective communication
– Implement new interactive training approaches.
– Value flexibility, agility and adaptability in processes.
– Foster teamwork in committees and working groups.
– Promote different ways of thinking, of doing and of being.
- Definition of risk : the effect of uncertainty on objectives (ISO Guide 73:2009).
- Definition of risk management : coordinated activities to direct and control an organisation with regard to risk (ISO Guide 73:2009).
- Risk management embraces the design and procurement of insurance programmes and other risk financing solutions.